Guidelines for Manuscript Submissions
- The HHSS Journal uses American Psychological Association (APA) style or format
- Manuscripts including figures, drawings, tables and appendixes shall not exceed 12.000
words and no less than 4,000 words (including notes and references).
- Manuscripts should be typed, double-spaced on standard-sized paper (8.5" x 11") with
1" margins on all sides. You should use a clear font that is highly readable. APA
recommends using 12 pt. Times New Roman font. For more information please, consult
the website of APA: http://www.apa.org/pubs/authors/instructions.aspx
- The journal follows the transliteration system used by IJMES. For more information,
please see IJMES transliteration chart (2.3 MB pdf).
- In APA periodical citation, authors are named by their last name followed by initials;
the publication year goes between parentheses and is followed by a period. Only the
first word and proper nouns are capitalized for article titles. Periodical titles
are written in title case and followed by the volume number, which, with the title,
is also italicized.
- Endnotes, rather than footnotes, should be used, where necessary. Endnotes should
appear directly before any references at the end of the manuscript. Book citations
in APA require author name, publication year, work title, publication city, and publisher.
- Individual authors are responsible for obtaining reproduction rights for all images
to be published. Prior to publication, authors must provide written permission for
reproducing each image or proof of public domain. Authors are responsible for all
reproduction right fees.
- The Journal reserves its right to ask the author to omit, reformulate, or reword his/her
manuscript or any part thereof in a manner that conforms to the publication policy.
- Copyright pertinent to the manuscript accepted for publication shall be transferred
to the Journal.
- Authors whose work is accepted by and published in the journal will receive a symbolic
- A PDF copy of the published article will be sent free of charge to the principal author.
- All articles published in the journal have been selected on the quality of their research
and have been accepted in good faith. Authors have been asked to warrant that their
articles contain nothing illegal and conform to high ethical standards. The editors
take no personal responsibility for what is published in the journal.
- The journal requires online submission at http://journals.sfu.ca/hhss/index.php/hhss/index Authors must register with the journal before submitting. Authors who have already
registered can simply log in and begin the five-step submission process.
Guidelines for Book Reviews
- The HHSS Journal accepts for consideration both solicited and unsolicited book reviews.
- Reviews of single books should not exceed 1300 words.
- Review articles that discuss more than one book should not exceed 1800 words.
- Every book review should begin by citing the book (or books) to be reviewed, with
full bibliographic information including full title (with subtitle), place of publication,
publisher, copyright date, number of pages, price in U.S. dollars, if available, and
- Book reviews should present a reasoned and fair evaluation of the book and its primary
arguments and outcomes.
- When a book review is published, the author of the book review will not receive a