Faculty members of CHSS are active researchers and are involved in different research
and scholar activities. Their different areas of interest include:
- Kierkegaard and Classical Greek Thought.
- Reinventing Philosophy as a Way of Life.
- Embodied Cognition.
Arabic Language and Literature
- Modernization of Arabic Rhetoric.
- Arabic Literature, Syntax and Heritage Editing.
- Cognitive Linguistics, Semantics and Sociolinguistics.
- Computational Linguistics, Sociolinguistics and Lexicon and Semantics.
- Translation Quality Assessment.
- Translation of Scientific and Medical Texts.
- Media Translation.
- Translation Methodology.
- Culture and Translation.
- Literary Prose Translation.
- Language and Culture Teaching.
- Etymology and Ancient Languages.
- Arabic Linguistics and Neurolinguistics.
- Arabic Word and Sentence Processing (using EEG and MEG).
- Language Disorders and Rehabilitation.
- Neuropsychological Assessment.
- Neuroimaging of Language.
- Applied Linguistics.
- Language Variation and Change.
- Speech Perception.
- Motor Control.
- Action-Perception Interaction.
- Embodied Cognition.
- English/American Literatures, Literary: Applied Criticism.
- Cinema Studies, Theater Studies, Fine Arts.
- Modernism and Post-Modernism Studies.
- Feminist Studies.
- Middle Eastern Literatures.
- Comparative Literatures.
- Middle Ages and Renaissance Literature.
- Social, Gender, Organizational and Public Relations.
- Women and Media, Citizen Journalism, Social Media Issues.
- War and Media.
- Health Communication.
History and Archaeology
- Islamic History and Civilization.
- The Ancient History of the Near East.
- Egyptian, Greek & Roman Archaeology.
- Mediterranean Archaeology.
- Classical Archaeology.
- Women’s Issues, Knowledge and Skills Basic for SW Practice.
- Social Welfare Policy: Child Abuse.
- Social Work: Play Therapy.
- Evidence-based Practice.
- Adolescent Issues.
- World Views, Cultural Anthropology, Folklore, Middle East, Arab American.
- Social and Economic Change, Globalization Studies.
- Development: Human and Community, Immigration, Women’s Studies.
- Environment and Society, Race and Ethnicity.
- Medical Sociology.
- Neurodegenerative Diseases, Effect of Herbal Extracts on Memory and on Cancer Cells.
- PTSD, Stress, CBT Implementation in the Middle East, Neurocognition.
- Child and Women Abuse, Depression, Personality Disorders, Non-Attack Epileptic Disorder,
Childhood Disorders, Children Psychological Problems, Identity and School Psychology
- Self-Related Beliefs, Motivation Psychology of Gender and Socialization.
- Scales Development, Tests Analysis, Missing Data Analysis.
- Counseling Needs, Career Interests.
- New Born Face Perception: Intermodal Processing, Language & Autism/Down Syndrome.
Geography and Urban Planning
- Cartography, and GIS and Remote Sensing Applications.
- Demography Analysis.
- Economic and Industrial Activities.
- Urban Planning and Land Use Arrangement Analysis.
- Transportation and Field Analysis.
- Environmental and Physical Analysis.
- Climatology, Geomorphology, and Oceanography Analysis.
- Political systems and governments.
- Public administration.
- Public policy.
- International politics and international relations.
- Political Theory and political thought.
The College also aims to promote the research expertise of faculty members within
the University and UAE society; to enhance the research dimension of our undergraduate
curricula and align new graduate programs to the research interests of faculty members
and the nation, and to implement a new award scheme for the best undergraduate research